Wednesday 22 April 2009

Blackpool PhotoShoot

Today was the photo shoot in Blackpool, and also the first time I met Dan. Was a little nervous driving over, but Dan was so easy going that it was fine. We listened to some of his new recordings to work out parts for when he comes over to Leeds again to record and I talked to him about the CD cover and how its shaping up. He really liked the direction I am taking the artwork and also showed me examples of CD covers he likes. Most were by John Frusciante, and a lot had the hand-rendered lo-fi approach I'm going for.

The photoshoot went well, the weather was perfect blue skies. Not knowing Blackpool was a little difficult as we had to wander around for me to get ideas of backdrops. I moved away from the 'Portrait' menu and used the Aperture priority most, but forgot to light Dan's eyes with the flash quite often, as I was taught in my mini photography lesson. Oops! Took 200 odd photos, but I don't like uploading photos of people without their permission, so here's some scenic ones..

 

No comments: