Wednesday 15 April 2009

Canon's First Day Trip


Today I went to the reception venue for the wedding I will be photographing. It is in such a beautiful little village, Nayland, in the middle of nowhere. To get there you have to go through a village which is literally just a single track road amongst some houses and you also pass the Copella orchards! Anyway, it is so beautiful around there, I fell in love with Suffolk again. Will be there during the summer me thinks with the camera in tow and more time. 

Here are some of the more successful shots. (first half of the scouting around was spent with the lens zoomed right out - I couldn't work out why I had to stand so far back...!)

This was a danwildetree! moment.

Straight after getting home, popped over the road to see a family friend and long time professional photographer. We discussed the shots I need for the Dan Wilde project, to be taken in Blackpool and he recommended learning Aperture, especially for portraiture. So 'Av' it is. We also talked in length about the wedding shots, he had a lot of helpful tips and taught me a great deal, having done many weddings in the past. He also agreed to lend me his superduper Canon lens, oooh! Experimented with the lens and moving the subject away from the background and using aperture and different speeds etc. 

All in all a very productive day!

No comments: