Saturday 25 April 2009

Hussein Chalayan

One of my lovely birthday presents was to be whisked away to London for the day and taken a mystery tour. First stop the Design Museum to see Hussein Chalayan's exhibition.



A very eerie, but well put together exhibition, combining models with moving image on various screens. I was pleased they included footage of some of his more well known catwalks such as the Spring/Summer 07 One Hundred and Eleven Show. I've admired his work for a number of years, but only ever seen it featured in fashion magazines. Although I love his designs and vision, I think my favourite fashion exhibition has to be Viktor & Rolf at The Barbican last year - a giant dolls house with various rooms and floors packed with models and show reels and adverts. 
The Design Museum itself is always very worthwhile checking out. Currently its Brit Insurance Designs of The Year 2009 - lots of innovative and varied stuff. The last time I visited, Matthew Williamson was exhibiting as well as Zaha Hadid. 

To top the day off, I was taken to see Romeo & Juliet at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre!



No comments: