Saturday 24 January 2009

Holga

On Thursday I spent the afternoon at Golden Acre Park shooting the double exposure images using a Holga - the previous day was spent working out how on earth a Holga works. 


I've documented each stage of loading the film etc, but thought it was better left in a sketchbook with annotations.

I did a bit of research and found Dragon Photographic, which can process in an hour or a 24 hour service, cheaper and quicker than its rivals! 

Quite surprised with the results, wasn't expecting any of them to come out, however, I had expected there to be a lot more 'light leak' and colour saturation with red reds streaming across the images. Most are quite grey, but in some the double exposure is really effective. It was fun not knowing how the film would turn out, the lo-fi technology to it, the 'shoot from the hip' ethos I found refreshing. 

I can't scan the 13 images (accidentally took a long photo before I got to number 1 on the film by the looks of the negative) until Monday, but here are photos of the negatives, which I want to use on their own for a future project.


No comments: